Happy National Fettuccini Alfredo Day from Rossi Pasta!
National Fettuccini Alfredo Day is a day worth celebrating! Just think about the delicious taste of melted Parmesan cheese, butter and cream tossed with Rossi’s all-natural Classic Fettuccini ... is your mouth watering yet? We’re sending our famous "Fettuccini Alrossi with Mushrooms" recipe straight to your inbox today in honor of this delicious holiday – it’s posted below!
Why Fettuccini? Why is Fettuccini pasta used with Alfredo Sauce? Each pasta cut, texture and shape holds sauce a slightly different way. For example, the wide fettuccini noodles are best suited for thick and creamy sauces. Short pastas with angled crevices, such as our Neapolitan Pastas work best with chucky sauces, such as our Artichoke Sauce.
Fun Fact: Cheese and butter have been tossed with pasta for centuries. However, it was in 1914 that the chef Alfredo di Lelio of Rome first termed ‘Fettuccini Alfredo,’ leading him to success and worldwide fame!
We hope you celebrate National Fettuccini Alfredo Day the Rossi way! Cook our delicious "Fettuccini Alrossi with Mushrooms" and enjoy with family and friends. Bon appétit! (Yields 6 (6) ounce servings)
3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
5 TBS of butter
3/4 cup half & half
1/2 cup Gorgonzola
1 small package baby portabella mushrooms (or any type you like),
cleaned and sliced
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano,
or Parmesan cheese
4 or 5 scallions, chopped
2 TBS dried parsley or a small handful
of fresh, finely chopped
1 TBS minced dehydrated garlic
1/2 lemon, wedged
1 - (12) ounce package Rossi Pasta
- Put on 4 to 5 quarts water to boil.
- Separately head a large skillet, on medium heat, and add 1 TBS of olive oil and 1 TBS of butter and distribute it along the bottom evenly.
- Add about half the sliced mushrooms to the pan at a time, in a thin single layer, browning the mushrooms (cooking the mushrooms 3-4 minutes per side).
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, whisk remaining olive oil and butter together and add to the mushrooms, bringing the sauce to a foam.
- Toss in scallions, garlic and parsley and sauté one minute.
- Add half & half, whisk again to a foam.
- Add both cheeses and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Incorporate sauce with warm pasta.
- Serve with balance of lemon. Enjoy!
Flat Rate Shipping:
Everything ships for $6.95 per address in the contiguous U.S.
via SurePost (some exceptions do apply).
Click here for more details!
Call Customer Assistance at 800-22-ROSSI (1-800-227-6774)
or go to www.RossiPasta.com