Baked Radiatore with Shrimp and Fontina Cheese
- 8 ounce Classic Radiatore
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk (use 1 1/4 cup milk if prepping dish 1 day ahead)
- 8 ounce Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 8 ounce shelled & cooked salad shrimp
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Regginao Parmesan
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
Cook Radiatore per package directions for pasta al dente. Drain well and toss with olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside. Melt butter in a 4 to 5 quart pan. Add flour and stir until completely mixed. Add milk and allow to thicken and reduce, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes).
Remove sauce from heat once thickened and incorporate cheese and oregano. Stir virgorously until cheese is thoroughly melted. Season to taste with ground pepper. Then gently add pasta, chicken broth and scallions.
Pour mixture into a shallow 2 quart baking dish (refrigerate overnight if prepping recipe 1 day ahead). Bake uncovered in a 400* oven about 25 minutes or until casserole bubbles on top and center is hot (allow an additional 10 minutes of baking time if dish has been refrigerated overnight). Top casserole with shrimp and bake for an additional minute or so. Squeeze lemon juice over casserole and top with grated Reggiano just before serving. Garnish with parsley springs if desired.