Radiatore with Caramelized Onion
- 1 lb Rossi Pasta Radiatore
- 14 tablespoon unsalted butter or no-fat butter
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jumbo sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoon dry Vermouth
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Reggiano Parmesan
In a large heavy saucepan over very low heat, combine butter and olive oil. Add chopped onion, cover and cook stirring frequently until onion carmelizes (about one hour).
Add vermouth, thyme, salt (optional), and pepper into mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Keep warm over very low heat.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta to package directions. Drain thoroughly. Toss pasta with sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.