Pumpkin and Sweet Sausage Lasagna
- 2 packages of Rossi Pasta Pumpkin Lasagna
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 8 ounce cooked, drained sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb peeled, seeded butternut squash, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced roasted red bell pepper
- 2 - 15 ounce containers of ricotta cheese
- 2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 5 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 large eggs
- 1 quart favorite Alfredo sauce
Mix ricotta with fresh herbs, eggs, parmesan and 3/4 mozzarella cheeses. Reserve.
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add all vegetables and saute' until slightly tender, add cooked sausage. Cool.
Spray bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 casserole pan with non-stick spray. Coat bottom with approximately 3 ounces of sauce.
Top sauce with layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Top noodles with Ricotta mixture. Top Ricotta with sauteed vegetable mixture. Continue process to fill up dish.
On top layer, sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese.
Pour 3/4 cup water into corner of pan and cover dish with wax paper, then foil.
Bake in 350* oven for approximately 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 20 minutes or until golden brown and noodles are tender.
Let stand for 15 minutes before serving and serve with favorite Alfredo sauce.