Mediterranean Fettuccini and Chicken
- 8 ounce Rossi Pasta Spinach Basil Garlic Fettuccini
- 8 ounce Classic Fettuccini
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 cup kalamata olives (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper as needed
FOR CHICKEN: In small bowl, combine vinegar, 3/4 cup oil, 1 tbsp. basil, 1 tbsp. oregano, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp garlic and black pepper. Whisk vigorously. Place chicken in zip-lock bag, pour marinade over and seal. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Remove marinated chicken and discard marinade. Grill over medium high heat until thoroughly cooked. Thinly slice and reserve.
FOR PASTA: Cook pasta according to package directions. Over high heat, preheat large pan and 2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add quartered artichokes, 1 tbsp. garlic, chicken, olives and tomatoes. Cook ingredients thoroughly and add spinach. Allow spinach to wilt and remove from heat. Drain pasta, toss with chicken/vegetable mix. Mix in olive oil and remaining herbs. Top each portion with feta and serve. Serves 6.
In place of extra virgin olive oil, try Rossi Artichoke Sauce!