Fall Harvest Pizza
- 1 - 8.9 ounce Pkg Rossi Pasta Classic Pizza Dough
- 1/3 jar Rossi Pasta Butternut Squash Sauce
- Rossi Pasta Italian Herb Seasoning, to taste
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 sweet Vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towel and allow to cool. Reserve 1 tbsp bacon grease and add 1 tbsp butter. Saute onions until translucent and slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Slowly stir in the apple cider and cook until liquid has evaporated.
Assembling the Pizza
Mix pizza dough according to package directions. Spread dough from center of pan to edges. Cook crust for 5-10 minutes until firm but not cooked. Remove crust from oven and spoon on 1/3 cup of Butternut Squash Sauce. Add caramelized onions evenly over crust. Top with apple slices and add cheese. Generously sprinkle Rossi Pasta Italian Herb Seasoning over pizza. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is browned to your preference. Slice into wedges and serve.