Garlic & Herb Calzone
- 1 pkg Rossi Pasta Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough Mix
- 3 tablespoon Rossi Pasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, ground
- 1/2 jar Rossi Pasta Classic Marinara Sauce
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 teaspoon Rossi Pasta Italian Herb Seasoning
- flour for dusting
Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Preheat oven to 425*F.
While dough is resting, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small saute pan over medium heat.
Add sausage and brown until fully cooked.
In a medium bowl, combine cooked sausage, Marinara sauce, Parmesan and herbs.
On a floured work surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll pizza dough into oval shape until 1/4" thick.
Pour filling onto one side of the dough, leaving 1/2" - 1" around all edges. Fold over the other half of the dough and press the edges to seal.
Roll the edges together in a twisting motion to create a rope-like crust.
Brush the calzone with remaining olive oil and bake at 425*F for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.