Tex-Mex Chicken Soup
- 1 Pkg of Rossi Pasta Roasted Red Bell Pepper Fettuccini
- 3 - 14 1/2 ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 7 or 8 inch spinach, tomato or plain tortilla, quartered
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 small skinless, boneless, chicken breast halfves (about 12oz total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small avocado, halved, seeded, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 - 14 1/2 ounce can whiteor yellow hominy, drained and rinsed (about 3/4 cup)
- Dairy sour cream
- cilantro sprigs (optional)
In a two quart saucepan combine broth and chipotle pepper. Bring to boiling, add pasta; continue boiling until pasta is tender. Discard pepper.
Meanwhile, for tortilla cones, place tortilla quarters on a clean white microwave safe paper towel; micro cook on 100% power high 15 to 20 seconds or until just softened. Brush tortilla quarters with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Shape each into a cone; secure with wooden toothpick. Place on baking sheet.
Bake in 375* oven 8 minutes or until cones are lightly brown and slightly crisp. Cool slightly.
Rub both sides of chicken breasts with ground cumin. In a large skillet, cook chicken breasts in remaining 2 teaspoons hot oil 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once.
To serve, place 1 cooked chicken breast half in each of the four warmed soup bowls. Add avocado and hominy to each bowl. Pour broth in each bowl. Spoon a small amount of sour cream into each cone. Add cilantro sprig if desired. Serve cones with soup.
Other Rossi Pasta Flavor Suggestions: Fire Capelli, Southwestern Chipotle Fettuccini or any classic flavor.