Rossi Pasta Traditional Lasagna
- 1 Pkg Rossi Pasta Lasagna
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 - 28 ounce can tomatoes
- 2 - 6 ounce cans tomato pasta
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup lite ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375*
Brown meat slowly. Drain off excess fat. Add garlic, basil, salt, tomatoes and tomato pasta and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients, except mozzarella.
To assemble: spread 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of 9x13x2 pan. Top with 3 noodles, 1/3 ricotta mixture, 1/3 mozzarella, and 1/4 of the sauce. Repeat 2 times. Top the last 3 noodles with sauce and cover.
Pour 3/4 cup water into a corner of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.