Asparagus with Garlic cream over Leek & Onion
- 1 Pkg Rossi Pasta Leek & Onion Linguini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoon real unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears (use top 2 inches only)
- 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
Add olive oil to medium saucepan on medium heat and saute garlic until lightly brown. Add asparagus spears and unsalted butter and bring to a simmer for approximately 4 minutes.
Add 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream to pan and continue simmering for approximately 3 mintues.
Meanwhile cook pasta acorrding to package directions.
Next, add 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan, Roman & Asiago cheese mixture to saucepan, continue to simmer till thickening occurs.
Taste check pasta for doneness, drain pasta and divide onto plates. Spoon cream sauce and asparagus over pasta and garnish with fresh chives.