Stuffed Rossi Pasta Frittata
- Omlet Base
- 1/2 lb Rossi Pasta Leek & Onion Linguini
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup finely diced Italian salami, Prosciutto, cooked sausage or chicken.
Saute' onion in olive oil until lightly brown, add tomatoes and basil and cook about 15 minutes until thickened. Cool slightly and add:
1/2 cup diced mozzarella or Provolone cheese
1/3 cup finely diced Italian salami, Prosciutto, cooked Italian sausage or chicken.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter, half the cheese and parsley.
Beat together eggs and pepper, add to pasta mixture and mix well.
Heat 2 tbsp butter in 12" skillet on medium to high heat. Coat skillet well. Take half the pasta mixture and spread evenly over bottom of skillet. Spread the filling evenly over the pasta mixture; sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over filling. Cover with the remaining pasta mixture. Turn heat down to medium and cook about 5 minutes. Do not disturb. Then tilt and rotate skillet full circle, lift edges of frittata gently to see if done - golden crust formed. Put skillet under hot broiler to cook top for just a few minutes until a lightly golden crust has formed on top.
Invert frittata from skillet onto a large plate; cut into pie shaped wedges and serve warm.