Sweet Onion & Almond Pesto over Leek & Onion Linguini
- 1 Pkg Rossi Pasta Leek & Onion Linguini
- 1/2 cup olive oil, measured into two 1/4 cup portions
- 1 medium sweet onion (such as Vidalia) in large slices
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, washed, patted dry & chopped
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach, washed and patted dry
- 2 ounce aged Asiago cheese
- Coarse sea salt
- Coarse black pepper
In a medium saute' pan on medium high heat, add the first 1/4 cup of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onions and garlic. Saute' until they turn a medium golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a food processor, add the second 1/4 cup olive oil, almonds, basil, baby spinach and asiago cheese and process until mixture is a coarse paste. Turn off processor and add onions, garlic cloves and the remainder of the oil from the saute' pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pulse processor until onions and garlic are mixed well, but still only coarsely chopped. Set aside.
Cook Leek & Onion Linguini according to package directions. Drain without rinsing. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix pesto with pasta. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.