Shrimp and Scallion Salad
- 16 ounce Rossi Pasta Leek & Onion Linguini
- 2 bunches of scallions
- 2 cup frozen pre-cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 3/4 to 1 cup hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon sesame shake
- t tablespoon fresh chives, minced
Warm and trim scallions to about 6 inches in length. Cut each scallion lengthwise in half. Cut each half lengthwise again. Toss to separate into individual strands. Place scallions in a small bowl in cold water and refrigerate until scallions curl. Leave refrigerated until ready to use.
Combine shrimp with hot chili sauce, tamari, ginger, garlic, lemon juice and pepper. Toss thoroughly to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse in cold water. In a serving dish, incorporate pasta with remaining ingredients except shrimp mixture and scallions. Toss thoroughly. Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes or so. Drain scallions and toss with pasta mixture. Top with shrimp mixture. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Serves several as a pasta salad.