Saffron Linguini with Tuna, Lemon, Capers & Kalamata Olives
- 8 ounce Rossi Pasta Saffron Linguini
- 1/2 cup (4oz) butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- zest of 1 large lemon, finely grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 - 6 ounce can chunk light or solid white tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter and oil in a small, non-corrosive skillet. Add garlic and saute' for 2 minutes making certain not to brown the garlic. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, scallions, capers and olives and saute' for an additional 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
For the sauce mixture, turn heat to low, and add tuna. With a fork, separate tuna into large pieces (do not flake). Stirring gently, heat thoroughly. Grind in pepper to taste. Combine pasta and sauce in a serving dish. Toss gently. Add parsley and toss again. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and lemon slices if desired. Serve with or without grated Parmesan.