Shrimp in Coconut Curry
- 1 pkg Saffron Linguini
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic (2 small cloves)
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger (1 inch piece)
- 1 - 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 20 large shrimp (about 1lb), peeled, deveined and tails intact
- 1/2 small green chile pepper, thinly sliced into rings, seeds removed
- coarse sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 fresh cilantro leaves
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic & ginger and saute' until translucent.
Add coconut milk and simmer until reduced by half (3 to 4 minutes). Bring pan of water to boil and cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Add shrimp and chile pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally until shrimp is fully cooked (about 4 mintues). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve over pasta.
Basmati rice makes an excellent complement to this dish. You can flavor the rice by adding a bay leaf, a cinnamon stick and cardamom pods to the pot.