Wild Mushroom with Beef & Gravy
- 1 pkg Wild Mushroom Linguini
- 1 1/2 lb beef loin, sliced in approx. 1/2 thickness, 1x2 1/2
- 1 - 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cup beef broth
- 2 medium or one large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon vermouth or Madeira wine
- 3 tablespoon flour for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or 1tbsp fresh rosemary
- pinch of red pepper, optional
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- parsley, chopped for garnish
Bring pot of salted water to boil.
Meanwhile, in a heated skillet with a good drizzle of olive oil, brown off meat. Remove from pan and set aside. Add additional drizzle of oil and melt 1 tbsp of butter. Stir in mushrooms, onions and garlic and saute' for about one minute. Sprinkle in the flour to make a roux-type mixture stirring for about 30 seconds or so. Add meat back into the pan and add rosemary, vermouth, broth and red pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta to package directions.
Heat meat mixture through, stirring up bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes and finish off with the cream, salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, place each serving over a portion of pasta on a plate. Top each with a heaping spoonful of the beef gravy and garnish with chopped parsley to serve.