Zucchini Linguini with Patti Pan Squash & Romesco
- 3 each tomatoes, peeled, de-seeded & chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds or hazelnuts - toasted
- 3/4 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pkg Rossi Pasta Zucchini Linguini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup patti pan squash (baby) - quartered
- 1 cup cippolini onions (can substitute pearl onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chevre
Make romesco sauce. Place first nine ingredients in blender and puree, add olive oil till sauce consistency. Adjust salt to taste.
Heat romesco sauce in sauce pan over low heat until warm.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat large saute' pan until hot & saute' squash & onions in olive oil. Season liberally with salt & pepper.
Toss pasta with romesco sauce. Top with sauteed squash & onions.
Garnish with a dollop of chevre & sprinkle with pine nuts.