Chipotle Mole Cream - Chocolato Cabernet Tagliarini
- 1 pkg Rossi Pasta Chocolato Cabernet Tagliarini
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon annato seeds
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 canned chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon spanish sherry vinegar
- 12 ounce chicken stock
- 4 ounce heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanuts
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Slice tomatoes crosswise in half. Scrape out seeds and roast for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool, then peel, discard skins.
Roast peanuts for 8 minutes. Let cool then coarsely chop.
In large sauce pan, heat olive oil add spices, peppers and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, add chocolate, sherry and chicken stock.
Cool mixture, remove cinnamon and puree. Add cream during puree.
Heat puree and toss with cooked pasta (following cooking directions on package).
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with favorite meats.
*Serve with grilled pork, chicken, turkey or fish.